[DeTomaso] My engine install

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Apr 13 20:05:52 EDT 2012

In a message dated 4/13/12 12 57 23, shawkins777 at comcast.net writes:

> How's the engine install going, are you going to get it back together for
> the Fun Rally?
>
>>>The engine is in and running.   I've run it through two idle heat cycles
(start it up and let it warm up until 180 degees, which is as hot as it
will ever get thanks to a properly bled cooling system and a simple Hall
radiator and pusher fans).   I'd do it a few more times, and then check the torque
on the intake and header bolts.

I'm working every day these days, including the weekend, so no time to work
on it, but I have Monday off so Lori and I will fill/bleed the clutch, put
the interior back in, install the air cleaner/engine screen etc. and then
hopefully it will be good to go?   Then I'll drive it daily for a few days to
ensure there are no bugs to be worked out yet.

Fingers crossed!