[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 93, Issue 13-Race Gas

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Fri Apr 13 12:35:34 EDT 2012

I run a mixture of 112 or 110 leaded race gas with unleaded
gas when I track my car.. the engine builder stated it helps
lube the valves....

The smell of the race gas remains with the car for many,
many tanks after running crappy Calif gas as I believe the fuel
cell foam retains something that has the smell of race gas...

I did have one officer state he could smell my car along
with hearing it after a stop.. no ticket ... just wanted to see the car

I just pulled into the station the other day to fill up and a guy nearby
could smell the race gas... I had not run it since last November
and have put many 100 mile days on the car since running 91 unleaded

Never heard the info on the synthetic oil vs race gas
I was running Moblil 1 until they started dropping the zinc
content.. now running Penn Brand- Old Kendal Co. that
is a mix of dyno Oil and Synthetic

My question is what were the Nascar boys running or
Lms boys running if they had race gas and Mobil 1???

Bob Benson- getting ready for AZ