[DeTomaso] Fwd: Av fuel vs race gas

Jerry R Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Thu Apr 12 23:22:00 EDT 2012

This particular car is my 66 Cobra with a Cleveland.  Has a perpetual ping
so I am going to try some av gas before I buy a new distributor.  I suspect
a mismatch between the pistons and the heads.  Or at least a minimum squish
area.  I am on the second carb.  It came with an Edelbrock and now has a
Demon.  If the av gas works I may get an E85 carb an run it that way with
the E85.  We have a station within 30 miles and I have some 55 gal barrels.
Although  an extra dollar a gal might be more economical for the 100 octane.

jerry