[DeTomaso] Av fuel vs race gas

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 22:00:18 EDT 2012

I hate to mention it... but try the can of smoke-away or engine honey
or no-smoke or whatever on the shelves.  It can soften a seal (even a
little ATF might help... I've heard of brake fluid but no way I'm
putting that in my oil) but mostly it makes the oil a little less
runny.  It's almost certainly oil making its way past an oil seal on
top of the valve if you're not experiencing any other symptoms.  If
after a compression/leakdown check you find a low cylinder, then it's
ummmm... drive it until you can't stand it anymore I guess.  I hate
doing a rebuild on a street car for just a little smoke.  It could
also be a PVC problem like a bad trap or check valve.  Or even brake
fluid coming in through the booster.

sean

--
"Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso