[DeTomaso] really dumb question about oil

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Wed Apr 11 00:51:20 EDT 2012

No, I have a Cleveland block, it's been bored and stroked to 408 with a bunch of new stuff inside, but I remember the builder using my original dipstick and tube from the original Cleveland block.
I had kind of a "D'oh" moment a minute ago--all someone has to do is measure from the tube opening (where the dipstick enters) to the front edge of the bar that is welded a few inches down the tube (the bar is bolted to the block and stabilizes the dipstick tube).  Since the end of my dipstick tube was shortened, all I have to know is the correct distance between the end of the tube and the leading edge of the bar, and it will reveal how short my tube is (this has now moved into the "how can anyone resiste that joke" territory...!)
Anyone want to run out into their garage and take that measurement for me?
Thanks a million,
Chris