[DeTomaso] Comp Cams roller rockers 1045

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 12:27:36 EDT 2012

> I prefer tamer cams.  If you aren't running your engine 1/4 mile at a time,
> you need to keep the lift down so you can keep the rates down, and then it
> should live on the street.

It's not the lift.  It's the shape of the lobe.  Aggressive lobes (those with
high ramp rates or small differences between the seat duration and duration
at 0.050" lift) are the ones that need stiffer springs.  Sometimes higher lift
is actually easier on the valve train.

Mikael, do you know what your seat and open valve spring pressure are?  351C
hydraulic rollers are typically limited to 160 lbs seat and 400+ lbs open.
More than that can be run but you need to alter the oil pump pressure to keep
the lifter from collapsing.

Dan Jones