[DeTomaso] Comp Cams roller rockers 1045

Brian Dudley bd8134 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 11:55:43 EDT 2012

Hi Mikael
My experience is that you can't trust anyone. Different situation, I ordered new ARP rocker studs from Jegs, shipped from ARP warehouse, half were correct the others were too long which screwed into the head, had to cut them down.
As you say the geometry might be different. To check you can use an old solid cam follower or 'locked up' hydraulic follower. Use a permanent marker on the valve head and turn the engine a revolution or 2 after you set the lash recommended for your cam. The rocker should wipe the marker off the center of the valve. If it is not correct longer or shorter pushrods are needed.
I would have expected more mileage from rocker arms for a street engine.

Brian