[DeTomaso] Windshield Gasket

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Apr 7 22:04:18 EDT 2012

In a message dated 4/6/12 4 23 39, rob at dumoulins.net writes:

> Please, Please tell me where I can get one that will fit. I've got a new
> windshield and am waiting for the gasket.

Some of the Pantera vendors sell Brand X, and the rumor is, they don't fit
worth a crap.

Marino at Pantera East can get the good ones, same ones that Roland Jackel
sells, but they are expensive.   He asked me the other day if there was any
point in stocking them, and I told him that Mister Fiat sells them on E-bay,
so he'd have to compete with him on price to make it worthwhile.   Just
search on Ebaymotors.com under "Pantera windshield gasket".

Maseratisource also sells exactly the same expensive, high-quality gaskets,
for about the same price.   To find his, you have to search Ebaymotor.com
under "Pantera windshield rubber".

They are heart-stoppingly expensive, but they fit and work properly.   The
Pantera vendors are price-sensitive, as many Pantera customers are too cheap
to buy quality and insist on cut-rate junk.   So that's what many of them
carry.   Then the customers complain because the junk gaskets don't fit/work
properly.   They can't win....