[DeTomaso] (no subject)

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 15:57:43 EDT 2012

I just put it in and crank away until one door pops open, then I back off 3/4 turn....

Actually it all depends on the condition of the individual car your dealing with.  I'd think you'd
want the distance between the shock tower/brace area to match the factory chassis build specs
while it's at rest.  Some cars have settled (collapsed?) more than others.  Raising the car with a
floor jack at the lower rear cross member probably lets most cars relax back to near normal spacing.
Or not.
A little preload never hurt anybody.

Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa