[DeTomaso] Headers for Stock heads

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Apr 3 13:39:00 EDT 2012

In a message dated 4/1/12 14 05 8, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> Anyone have a -good- set of headers that fit stock 4V heads in a
> Pantera?  Larry Stock sent an add recently that lists them for a bit
> over $500 for a 4V set, ceramic coated.  I'd love a new set but don't
> want to spend that much just yet.  Anyone have a good set they'd
> consider parting with for a reasonable price?

What kind of tailpipes are you considering?   Only Hall's headers will fit
the stock L-model tailpipes.   They are cheap and surprisingly good, but the
tailpipe is the limitation.

Given how incredibly cheap and excellent Wilkinson's complete exhaust
system is, I'd forgo trivialities like food for a month and pop for the whole
system.   Your tailpipes have over 100K miles on them and are probably on their
last legs anyway.