[DeTomaso] red wire

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Tue Apr 3 01:20:08 EDT 2012

Todd,

I take it that have a very early car. If this is correct, here is  where I
think your wires go:

Fuse #12: 1 Red wire to the Hazard Warning Switch and 1 Red  wire to the
turn signal indicator lamp in the tach.

Fuse #7: 1 Red wire to the Horn relay and 1 Red wire to the AC  condenser
fan relay. When the AC condenser relay is closed, the power on the Red  wire
is routed to the AC Condenser Fan. If the AC condenser fan relay has failed
in the activated position, you could very well measure 0.8 ohms to ground
because you will be looking into the condenser fan armature windings.
Disconnect  the condenser fan motor at the motor and see if the 0.8 ohms goes
away.

What Fuse blew?

I can't tell you where the condenser fan relay is located on  early cars.
Perhaps someone on the forum can tell us both where all three of the  AC
related relays are located on early cars?

Have fun  today,

sobill at aol.com

In a message dated 4/2/2012 9:29:52 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,