[DeTomaso] CHI heads

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 2 19:31:27 EDT 2012

I have a stock displacement cleveland with CHI 3v 185 heads and their 3v single plane intake.  heads assembled by dave storlein of porting dynamics in MN.  I paid something like 2000 for complete heads.  With a mildly aggressive roller cam, it is f-ing awesome!  Big smile whenever I get on it.  very streetable.  I can't use the stock engine screen, but this combo was designed to work together.  I thought trying to use a low dual plane intake would defeat some of the purpose, and if you follow the annual engine masters competition in Popular Hot Rodding, for many years CHI Cleveland heads have been winners.  Just awesome!  I highly recommend it going with their design and leaving the dual plane low rise manifold behind... (although I am sure the dual plane and CHI 4v heads work well too)  justin