[DeTomaso]   CHI 3v 225

sean mundy seanmundy at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 1 20:03:41 EDT 2012

Julian what intake are you using on your CHI 4v?
I'm not locked into any particular engine combo at this point.
I asked my engine builder to suggest something for a 408 to replace my stock 351.
Wish list is good HP but streetable with reliability running on 92oct pump gas.
He sells all kinds of heads but likes to build Clevelands with CHI's.
Builder says he likes a short block with 408 Scat Forged Crank and Scat I beam rods with Mahle dish pistons $2860
He's going to charge me $2450 for built up CHI 3v heads with Ferrea valves and Comp Cams Ultra Pro Magnum Rockers.
Based on what Dan said I think my builder is talking about a first version Scott Cook dual plane.
If this combo for sure wont fit under my 72L engine screen then I will probably switch to the CHI 4v.

Sean