[DeTomaso] Air cleaner height above carb?

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Fri Sep 30 20:39:20 EDT 2011

I'd say true.
I got an AIrGap manifold for Father's day and my  flat 15" Moroso
cleaner wouldn't fit inder the deck anymore.
Now I have a 11" K& N that stcks up 4" above the deck in the middle of
my rear view mirror.
I had to have height to get enough sq-in. I did consider a 2" high oval
to get the area, but I had the same question.
The local hot-rodders think it looks cool - so I'm adapting to it.
dave