[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 86, Issue 30-By Pass

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Fri Sep 30 20:27:10 EDT 2011

I never put the bypass on my dart windsor as the
pantera necks had no provision.. I have since put
a water to oil cooler on the car which really helps
warm the motor up better in cold weather

The pump is running through the cooler
I was thinking that may be why my first two
water pumps sheared the impellors but one was
before the cooler and the other was afterwards

I also never sheared anything until the motor
was at 6800 rpm and it was warm enough that
the stat was open.

My buddy did put the bypass on his windsor
Pantera because his temp would go up and down
indicating that the stat was closing and opening
My car has never done that

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera