[DeTomaso] Counterfeit MSD 6AL Ignition Boxes

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 30 11:25:42 EDT 2011

So, you're saying it's a pretty good copy.  Just kidding...kinda.

Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa

Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 13:29:53 -0700
From: rspink2012 at yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Counterfeit MSD 6AL Ignition Boxes
To: red3644 at hotmail.com; jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com; detomaso at realbig.com

Well that is an interesting question.  I  often investigate counterfeit and grey market. Some of the conterfeiters are getting very good.  I had one situation - for high tech item - the companies engineers took two days to test the item to prove that it was conterfeit.

Lots of conterfeit is actually made by same supplier on the third shift.

In another situation counterfeit gear got into an aircarft carrier's network which shutdown with planes in the air.

Now the MSD with so many ways to tell it is counterfeit  - it isn't of this quality. Kinda like the old Rolax watches.  I would bet the MSD is crap.