[DeTomaso] Cleveland Specific Thermostat

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Sep 29 16:22:01 EDT 2011

In a message dated 9/29/11 13 13 15, grayjim at att.net writes:

> Why do some of our vendors sell the aluminum plate that has only a 1/8"
> hole
> along with a Windsor thermostat to help our cooling?  Is that very small
> home
> enough?  I see in the BT Database that the hole is necessary for air to
> escape
> the engine not necessarily aid water flow.

Like I said, there are a LOT of people with more engine smarts than I have,
and it is they who advised me of the wisdom in keeping the stock bypass
scheme intact.

I wouldn't necessarily trust the vendors to be oracles of wisdom on all
things.   One vendor who shall go unnamed installs Windsor thermostats in
unmodified Panteras, leaving the full bypass port open all the time!!!!   He
doesn't understand the problem he's creating, and when I tried to explain it to
him, he told me, "Well, Panteras always overheat, no matter what you do to
them."

His solution is to sell a super-duper radiator, which goes a long way
towards fixing the problem he created!