[DeTomaso] Cleveland Specific Thermostat

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Sep 28 19:45:24 EDT 2011

In a message dated 9/28/11 15 44 3, chance.dorsey at yahoo.com writes:

> I didn't see this number on any other list, so I wanted to share it with
> the group.  It's a 180 degree.

Well-done.

RobertShaw sells all kinds of thermostats for all sorts of applications
(home, industrial, etc.) and their automotive thermostats are marketed under
the FlowKooler brand.

I actually phoned FlowKooler last week and spoke with their sales
department directly about the thermostat supply issue, as everybody is out of the 180
degree version.   They do still show the 192 degree model, and in fact they
sell it directly for less than Summit charges.

The lady I spoke with told me that she removed the 180 degree unit from
their website due to supply issues.   She said they are being made in Mexico,
and they were in some sort of negotiations (for that, I read 'dispute') with
their supplier, which had caused a temporary suspension of production.   The
issue had since been resolved.   She said she expected to have the
180-degree versions back in stock by mid-October.

Here is the link to the thermostat page:

http://www.flowkoolerwaterpumps.com/store/Thermostats/c22/index.html

The 180-degree version (not listed or shown) is part number 333-180, and
the 192 is 333-192.

You might try calling and seeing if there's any availability yet.

Cheers!