[DeTomaso] Cleveland Specific Thermostat

Chance Dorsey chance.dorsey at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 18:43:11 EDT 2011

Hello All,

I'm in the final stages of my 393C build.  In fact, I'm completing an engine test stand right now which I hope to use to crank my new motor in the next couple of weeks.

The Robert Shaw thermostat has been on back order from Summit for a while now, so I decided to cruise a few of the local auto parts stores to see if I could find a Cleveland specific thermostat.  I had gone to about every store and turned down every thermostat that the parts guy had given me because they lacked the correct "hat" on the thermostat showing that it was the correct one for my motor.  I also had printed out a list of Cleveland specific thermostats found on the web so I could cross reference parts.  Many on the list had been discontinued or changed to a different part number that didn't have the "hat".  Then I wandered into the local Carquest.  Lo and behold they had a thermostat.  The part # is 30088.  Here are a couple of pictures of it:

I didn't see this number on any other list, so I wanted to share it with the group.  It's a 180 degree.

Thanks,

Chance Dorsey