[DeTomaso] Gas Tank Build

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Sep 27 19:20:53 EDT 2011

FWIW, if I was to build a fuel tank from scratch, I'd use 6061-aluminum,
and I'd make TWO 12 gallon tanks joined by large dia tubes running in front of
the harmonic balancer, with only a short rubber hose to couple the two
tanks together. The car's balance will improve and there'll be a little more
room between the headers and the tank. I suspect the Feds, being broke, cannot
justify the farm subsidy for corn-to-alcohol much longer, so maybe the
ethanol in gas thing will go where it deserves. I avoid the stuff as much as
possible. My 2¢- J DeRyke