[DeTomaso] Roll fenders for new wheels & tires?

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 11:58:12 EDT 2011

Corey,

Roll the fender lips now. You can test fit wheels all you like and clearance will appear fine, but that doesn't test fit when the suspension goes into compression. The problem arises when you turn into a driveway or cross a speed bump with the wheel turned - the suspension compresses, the wheel rises up in the wheel well, and the tire tread grabs the fender lip and yanks it out. It's not difficult to do this, and it's an ugly site, especially after a new paint job.

Roll the lips now and avoid the risk!

Cheers!
Garth