[DeTomaso] Annoying Connector Issue

J. Sean Keane jskeane6 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 21:32:25 EDT 2011

Asa Jay wrote:

>  Or is this what you are looking for:
>
>  https://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?A=ECHVRC428_0334764545&An=599001+101971+50026+2026026+29540&Ar=AND%28P_RecType%3aA%29

You figured out the solution a lot quicker than I did. As you point out,
instead of looking for the terminals that go in the connector, I can
just buy the whole thing. This also addresses another issue I have with
my old unit, which is that only three of the four connectors will even
stay captive, due to damage to one of the slots.

I'm amazed at the range of prices with this item. Napa is pretty fair at
$5.49. I have found the exact same assembly online for as much as $20!

The solution I finally settled on was to buy one of these without the
wires, which I don't need. Total cost: $0.76 for the part (plastic
housing with terminals) plus $3.92 for shipping. I call that a deal!

Regards,

Sean