[DeTomaso] Aluminum AC lines?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Sep 24 15:03:38 EDT 2011

I'm using aluminum hard lines in our AC system. All the al lines I use come
in 10 ft rolls and must have flaired ends added; I used AN fittings. For
safety, I reduced the compressor pressure, since a std rotary compressor will
easily exceed the 250 psi rating of my largest size aluminum (return) line.
Just be sure that the lines you select (I use 3 different diameters, like
stock) are rated for more than the max pressure your compressor produces on a
hot day. The Ford adjustable pressure switch I found a few years ago came
from a pickup truck. FWIW- J Deryke