[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 86, Issue 24-tuning

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Sat Sep 24 10:59:21 EDT 2011

Going to the muffler shop today so we can figure
out the length of the Track mufflers we can put
on my car.. it only has 10" mufflers now and he
stated the megaphones do not help with the noise

So we are going to a 16,18 or 20"-- 3" muffler and he
will make me three sizes of turn downs so I can
figure out what I can run to get down to 103 on
the race tracks

This will be my California Track mufflers and until
we figure it out what works I am going to wait
on tweaking the tuning

I will of course run my louder exhaust on the
Street.. makes a lot of sense to me

I will be joining the Pantera boys at Thunderhill
in Norcal in a few weeks also one of my favorite
tracks... although they have recently been cracking
down on the noise so I finally have to change the exhaust

Really love the Nevada tracks with no Noise limits
We always use to remove the mufflers when we
raced ....now it it the other way.. I getting too old
or really confused or both

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera