[DeTomaso] Springs

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Sep 18 23:58:42 EDT 2011

In a message dated 9/18/11 19 39 46, thefuture98070 at yahoo.com writes:

> Anyone have advice on replacement spring? PIM.net has them but they're
> really expensive.
>
> Thanks for any help,

Do you just want replacement springs for your stock shocks?   Or are you
looking for a complete replacement shock/spring package?

Precision Proformance, Hall Pantera (and perhaps some others) sell
replacement springs for the stock shocks, which are lower and stiffer than the
standard springs...Precision lists them for $240 for the set.

Precision and Hall both sell Aldan coilover packages--new shocks and
springs.   I wouldn't put them on a shopping cart--their failure rate is
outrageously high.   If I was going to get new shocks and springs, I'd get Konis from
Pantera Performance Center or Pantera East, as a first choice, and
Carrera/QA1 from Wilkinson as a second choice.   Larry Stock carries the same
shocks, but he fits them with ridiculously light springs (lighter than stock, in
fact) which makes for a Cadillac ride, but if you drive your car with
sporting intent, it bounces all over the road...:<(

In all cases, you're looking at $1000-1400 depending on various options
etc....which is a reasonable price.