[DeTomaso] Historic updates...

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 15:16:08 EDT 2011

Glenn has sent another stream of vintage ads, between him and a few
other people I have 67 e-mails in the processing queue today.

Quite a few of these ads are from the original owners interestingly.

(Hint: Chuck Anderson, check out your entry.)

Also, I'm finding some interesting connections too.
(Hint, Jim Nowlin, check out your entry.)

Here is one to appreciate, I forget the name of the guy that restored the car
(feel free to remind me, or who has it now as I think PI Motorsports it sold recently) but
see:

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHPNMC03520/RTHPNMC03520.asp

scroll down to the ad at the bottom... and compare the old text to the new pictures.

Another 35+ year old ad caught my attention as the car now is in the hands of a fellow
PCNC member local to me...Nice.
What is amusing is that I ALSO knew Jeff, the guy selling the Datsun 510 in the randomly
placed ad right above the Pantera ad...

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHGTND06784/RTHGTND06784.asp

Here is another interesting one, the ad describes a "new" car (ad from 1977 so hey, didn't
most of them still look new, but I digress).  Now go look at the much more recent photos:
(WARNING! If you don't like "customization" don't look at the newer photos!)

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHGTPS07213/RTHGTPS07213.asp

Then there is the guy that contacted me earlier this week about a car, and since he had
not yet shared any photos of his car he didn't have full access to see what was in the
registry, so I looked for him and told him that there was no history on his car, but that
I hoped he would send some current photos, anyway.  Then the very next day I get not one
but TWO AutoWeek ads separated by thousands of miles, one with a picture (rare at the
time).  Jeez, I hope to hear back from him...

I've been asked, where are these coming from?

(I am guessing that technology can be a wonderful thing.)

Glenn is going thru his magazine collection, and when he finds a DeTomaso ad with a VIN,
he is taking a picture of the ad with his phone, (including the magazine issue date) and
e-mailing the picture to the registry from his phone. (The quality is fine for text, but
I'd suggest a quality camera for people that take photos of the actual cars for the
registry.)

Brilliant in its simplicity!       See, Snap, Send!        And ANYONE can do this.

Just please use editor1 at provamo.com for fastest processing, as my other queues get read
slower, and I never really get caught up!

Chuck
(The registry guy with a backlog!)

www.DeTomasoRegistry.org