[DeTomaso] Didn't Mike Drew drive this car?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Sep 11 11:12:51 EDT 2011

In a message dated 9/10/11 23 53 41, pantera874 at t-online.de writes:

> Wasn'n this one the former Wilkinson car?
>
>>>Yes.

> >If so, it came without engine from Italy. Steve equipped it with a 4.6
> Ford engine instead of the BMW unit. I guess, he also put another gastank
> in, as i bought all the original parts as centerspline rubber gastank and
> bellhouse with geardrive from him. If this one caught fire on bad fuel lines,
> the reason where bad US sourced fuel lines.
>
>>>Bummer!

> >On my burned Guara we found later a broken geardrive. These parts a very
> expencive and real hard to come by. Some times it's time to get on fire
> :-)
>
>>>HAHAHAHA!!!

> >I never heard on a third car, that caught fire. Whe was that?
>
>>>I don't know the details; my recollection was that when Andy's went up
in smoke, it wasn't the first time that happened.   But with so few of these
cars out there, I figure somebody else would know about it?   Maybe I'm
confused, because that car traded hands again and again so quickly after the
fire, that it wound up looking like two cars?   Didn't you wind up buying the
wreck from Roger Brotton?   So you have it still?