[DeTomaso] Didn't Mike Drew drive this car?

John Zeedick Pantera351C at Hotmail.Com
Sun Sep 11 10:35:37 EDT 2011

Was this the car that was featured on a SPEED TV show where they took a
bunch of cars and cruised around LA visiting car shops? I think Tanner Foust
had something to do with it.

John Z

On 9/11/11 2:52 AM, "Roland Jaeckel" <pantera874 at t-online.de> wrote:

> Wasn'n this one the former Wilkinson car? If so, it came without engine from
> Italy. Steve equipped it with a 4.6 Ford engine instead of the BMW unit. I
> guess, he also put another gastank in, as i bought all the original parts as
> centerspline rubber gastank and bellhouse with geardrive from him. If this one
> caught fire on bad fuel lines, the reason where bad US sourced fuel lines. On
> my burned Guara we found later a broken geardrive. These parts a very
> expencive and real hard to come by. Some times it's time to get on fire :-)
> never heard on a third car, that caught fire. Whe was that?

Roland

Send from

Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA

Archive Search Engine Now