[DeTomaso] NPC: The F-car

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Sun Sep 11 07:43:38 EDT 2011

Admitted, I once was close to buying a 365 GTC/4. But today I'm glad I don't own that brand. Was at car show yesterday, 4 Panteras, 5 Ferraris right opposite. Of course most people around the F-cars. But listening to the stupidity of the questions, the know-it-alls, the envious people and the many many wannabees, I was happy I was in the other camp. "What's the fuel mileage, ha ha?" was heard multiple times.

Around the Panteras (and Maseratis and classic Fiats and Alfas) the proper enthusiasts were plentiful. Around the F-cars there wasn't room for them because of the wannabees. If I owned an F-car, I would never park anywhere!

Anybody else has the same experience? Ferrari, great traditions, some great cars, ridiculous running costs and unbearable fans :-)

Mikael