[DeTomaso] Was driving shoes, now increasing foot room

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Sep 8 15:36:15 EDT 2011

In a message dated 9/8/11 12 24 11, rob at dumoulins.net writes:

> Since you brought it up. I'll ask the question with a Pantera slant. I've
> got very wide feet and cannot wear tennis shoes driving or I cannot hit
> the
> gas without hitting the brake. I didn't have an issue until I installed my
> kick panels but gosh they look too good to remove. I'm driving barefoot
> right now until I figure an option.

Fix the kick panel!

The panel protudes into the driver's footwell, most especially on the cars
with the early-style two-pod dash interior.   It is VERY easy to rectify the
problem with a simple sheetmetal screw and fender washer.   Just screw the
panel to the center structure of the car and free up an easy inch or two of
lateral space.   See what the late-model panel looks like so-modified, here:

I've seen '71 cars where the kick panel actually rested against the side of
the gas pedal until the modification was performed--that's miserable!