[DeTomaso] FW: GUMBALL PANTERA BREAKS DOWN OVER WEEKEND

Tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Wed Sep 7 21:27:47 EDT 2011

Could be many things, but it sounds familiar:  There is a terminal block
under the dash, above the steering column that connects the ignition key
assembly to the dash wire harness.  I have seen many Panteras suffer similar
symptoms because the terminal block connections get loose, heat up, oxidize,
and get resistive, leading to loss of power to the ignition coil circuit.
The terminal block can be replaced with similar modern item with tin
plating, or replaced with crimp barrel connectors, or solder joints, etc.
After a fit of dead-stick events like yours, I literally threw my old
terminal block as far as I could.I think it is still in orbit.