[DeTomaso] Stock seat belt latch located

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Sep 6 17:22:07 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

Got this from Jim Demick....

Mike

====

 Seat belts located!!  This is one to pass along for sure!  I just returned
from our local U-pull it.  I had a list of approximately 22 cars that I was
going to check out.  Most cars were from the late 70's except for
one....that was the next to the last car I was checking out....A 1974 Mercury Comet.
Can you guess what car has Pantera seat belts in it?  That's right!  A 1974
Mercury Comet!!!  BUT, they are not the front seat belts....they are the
REAR seat belts!  Absolute bolt on affair to the Pantera.

 The more I thought about it, the more it made sense.  The front seats in
an American car are all way too tall for a dinky little belt to reach.  The
total length on the Pantera belt is 9".  Most front seats in an American car
sit WAY to high for a short belt to fit.  But the back seat is altogether
different.  The belts are actually attached to the rear sheet metal that comes
up behind the seat.  The belt simply slips through the crease in the seat
and can be very short for that reason.

 $5 bought the belt!