[DeTomaso] Stock air cleaner filter size?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Sep 6 16:49:16 EDT 2011

RESULT!

Just phoned my local NAPA auto parts, which is used to fielding odd
requests on behalf of Euro Pantera guys.   I was able to give them the original
Ford filter part numbers from the Ford parts book, and got instant crossover
results.

The '71 used a 2116 filter, which is 11.203 inside diameter, 13 inches
outside diameter, and 2.82 inches tall.

The '72 and later cars used a 2113 filter, which is 11.203 ID, 13 OD, and
2.51 inches tall.

It's child's play to get replacement K&N elements in those sizes.   The
nearest K&N for the '72 and later cars is the E-1580, which is 13.25 x 2.5
inches; K&N lists it as their replacement for stock Fords and Mercurys of all
types from the 1970s.

For the Gearhead Database, Bill....

Cheers!