[DeTomaso] Wax on, wax off.

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Tue Sep 6 09:34:14 EDT 2011

Chuck et al,

Thanks to Bill on the cold water tip.  Never heard that before.  I have always used "Dawn" to remove wax - or more correctly not dawn to try to preserve the wax.

Currently I'm using Collinite 845 and it is the color of carnuba.
http://www.collinite.com/automotive-wax/

This time of year, I sit the bottle on top of a dark colored car for a few minutes to  warm the bottle so the wax is liquid.  In other weather it goes into a pan of hot water until it becomes liquid.  Goes on easy and comes off easy and I believe it lasts as well as the hard to apply waxes.

A fresh wax job (go Larry) will give smaller beads . . .
http://images18.fotki.com/v331/photos/4/43175/2747095/DSCN4913-vi.jpg  but this shows the outside living truck.

I've heard that the Zymol type multi coat waxes are a nightmare for painters<<<<RUMOR.

Grouchy and Dirty LLC