[DeTomaso] Searching Ebay NPC

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sat Sep 3 02:34:38 EDT 2011

 Why does the auction information evaporate after a month or two?

Because eBay is a money grabbing, profit-centered capitalistic business that has a basic monopoly and
can do whatever they want.

Okay, perhaps I'm a bit too harsh.  ;-)

But really, the issue resolution period for an auction is about 45 days. After that, the deal is done and eBay
washes their hands of it.  No delivery, tough. Counterfeit, tough. Stolen, tough.

It really makes no sense for them to archive the IMMENSE amount of data they create each day for any
greater length of time than they have a legal obligation to.

Of course you can, and on occasion I have, create your own archive of auction listings that interest you.  I just do
a screen capture or two. I imagine there are other ways involving some application or computer foolery, but
just managing a screen capture is 'techie' enough for me.  :-)

Larry