[DeTomaso] NPC; Fiat 500

WLHPANTERA at aol.com WLHPANTERA at aol.com
Mon Oct 31 23:51:51 EDT 2011

Rob:
I was thinking the same thing.  I drive a lot and the company pays me  51
cents per mile regardless.  My truck gets about 16 MPG. Ouch! The 500  can
get up to 40 MPG and looks great.  We sell Fiats, so I drove one.   With 101
horsepower, it doesn't have enough "get up & go" for me.  I'll  wait for the
Abarth coming out next year.  In contrast, I drove a Mini  Cooper S within a
few days of the Fiat and there was no comparison.  The  Mini is like a go
cart.  Fast & fun!  The Fiat was fun and shifted  well, etc.  Just no power.

Bill

Guys,

I am considering taking a road trip to the nearest  Fiat Dealer in Daytona
to test drive a Fiat 500 Sport.  Originally, I  was considering getting one
because I need a daily commuter for my wife that  would preferably take
regular unleaded (all my cars require premium and the  Pantera gets octane
boost) but the 500 needs premium too.  Anyhow,  anybody driven one  yet?

Rob