[DeTomaso] Cleveland Intake manifold end gasket surface shape

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Mon Oct 31 10:03:03 EDT 2011

Now, it may be my memory, so be gentle...

Is the shape of the block where the intake manifold rests the same front and
back? When I had my Pantera engine out, I considered turning my CHI manifold
the other way around, so the CHI brand would be visible. But my conclusion
was that I couldn't, the sides facing the heads were the same, but the front
and rear were different. I used RTV front and rear, no preformed gaskets

And today I put new intake gaskets on the Longchamp. 2 sets of end gaskets
in the FELPRO package. But to my surprise, I had to use the same shape front
and rear, and the two others (longer) could be thrown away.

So: Is the shape of a Cleveland block to intake manifold surface the same
front and back? If yes, my CHI manifold is not, wonder why? And what are the
two extra end gaskets for? FYI the Pantera is a stroker 408 4V and the
Longchamp is a stock looking 2V.

No panic, I got it assembled, just like to know...

Mikael