[DeTomaso] unions? (was: Re: Something to shoot for (NPC))

Bill Lewis lotus0005 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 30 20:48:41 EDT 2011

One small point here is that, assuming that you are true, Doug S., that corporations right now are making too much money, and corporate officers are way too highly paid - maybe ALL things work in a circle; point being that when unions first came into being they were actually needed to prevent deaths, child labor, etc., but then as they matured and found out how to put more money in their pocket they became fat, greedy hogs.  Maybe corporations have now done this.  I think that as long as they can do this, why not - but I do agree with you that government money (our/my taxes) should not be involved.  I would have rather seen GM go under.  A little pain would have caused folks to wake up (both the unions and the white collars).  Ah, but, alas, contemporary people have fairly short memories, and history does repeat itself.  The bad stuff will all come back around in 50/100 years, etc.  And, let me add my favorite rant:  nothing will change for the good until laws with BIG, SHARP teeth are passed regulating lobbyists and politicians!!!!!!!!       ----Bill Lewis