[DeTomaso] unions? (was: Re: Something to shoot for (NPC))

Steve Hawkins shawkins777 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 30 18:54:20 EDT 2011

What you refer to as slave labor is a living wage in other countries, their
cost of living is way less than ours so to compare their wage to ours is
misleading.  I use to be in a union and I can tell you from first hand
experience that the union mentality is to take the company for all you can,
it's not about a living wage or workers rights anymore.  If unions and
companies don't work together they both will fail.  What is a travesty is
that many unions demand so much that they price themselves out of a job.
What should be against the law is to have to be in a union to get a job,
that's nothing but blackmail.

It's the federal regulation that's driving many companies off shore, more
regulation will drive even more off shore.  Most stock holders aren't rich
and there is nothing wrong with investing in a company and reaping profits
if they're successful.

The most the federal government should do is try and create an environment
that's conducive to people working and striving for whatever standard of
living they would like.  We shouldn't be envious of millionares/billionares,
I'm happy for every one of them and wish them well.  Class envy is
destroying our country, all that the federal government has done with
welfare is create another class of slaves to the elected officials.  If
people are struggling it should be neighbor helping neighbor and private
institutions that help out fellow Americans.

Steve