[DeTomaso] gumball pantera torque question for carb bolts

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Oct 30 14:17:38 EDT 2011

Dear Bob,

            I would wager that you have four studs screwed into the intake
manifold and four nuts holding the carb onto the studs and manifold.  As
Charlie said, you don't want nor need to mondo torque the studs.  Just
finger tight is plenty, then place the carb; place the nuts and gently
torque them down.  If you have a smallish torque wrench, then I would
suspect than 12--24 *inch*-pounds would be about right.   If you get to
enthusiastic, then you can screw (forgive the pun) up the threads in the
aluminum intake manifold.

                    Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles