[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 87, Issue 28-DIESELS AT SHUTDOWN

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Sun Oct 30 03:41:31 EDT 2011

I haven't read all of these, so sorry if it's a repeat:
To avoid dieseling:
Permanent solutions: lower idle and make sure running fans don't create
current for ignition. Jon Haas knows exactly what to do
Short term solution: As soon as the ignition is cut, floor the pedal, that
means (on a car with carb) that the vacuum created by the engine cannot pull
fuel down, it only pulls air.

When I drove my Pantera from Holland where it entered the EU to Denmark, it
would diesel for many seconds unless I pressed the pedal down. Lowered idle
and help from Jon Haas has eliminated the problem

Mikael