[DeTomaso] Something to shoot for (NPC)

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 12:47:53 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Bill Lewis <lotus0005 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Boy, Michael - hey I just read my copy of Esquire magazine, and it had a cartoon at the end about what is a Libertarian!  I'm not one, but my point is, I wish they would do that same thing for a Democrat.  Half of the folks in America are Dems, and I do not understand them.  Why do you want to pay taxes  to support people who are bums, etc.  My only Dem friend can only answer me about the greed on Wall Street, whereas I have multiple reasons against the Dems planks in their platform.  KEEP YOUR HAND OUT OF MY POCKET!!!  So, I make 10 times what you do.  I earned that right, and I PAY for that right (hours worked and anxiety and stress and...)  Arrrrghhhh!!!!!!

I can't believe I've been missing out on this :)

Just a couple of observations.  Not all people living on assistance
are bums.  Not all OWS protesters are unemployed or lazy.  Not all OWS
feel like welching on their loans.

I think the interesting question is, does the government have a role
in helping people that have limited opportunity, and if it does, is it
worth it to give assistance if that means that even one bum will game
the system?

It's useful and even lazy to paint all people in a group with a single
brush.  They are the other and we are us.  I think this will always be
a struggle to communicate our needs and limitations.  And I firmly
believe we have the best system for doing that.  It's just a little
broken now that money talks and BS has all the money.  Maybe a few
people making it hard to cross the sidewalk will get some attention?

--
"Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso