[DeTomaso] New poll...how many Panteras?

CharlesMcCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 15:05:20 EDT 2011

I'm on my second and what will be my last, as it is the ultimate Pantera as
far as I'm concerned.

I had a '72 Pre-L, #3647, which I brought from the US to France, then to
Spain, and had an absolute blast with it. I had it for about 6-7 years.

I later bought my current car, #9375, a GT5-S, and don't plan to ever sell
it. Maybe to buy a Pantera Si, but I sort of doubt it. The 5-S and I have
been through a lot of adventures together and I think I'm too attached to
ever sell it.

I had both Panteras for about a 2 year period. Interesting to have driven
only the 5-S during a 3-month period and then go back to the pre-L. The
difference in how they drive is quite pronounced.