[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 87, Issue 28-DIESELS AT SHUTDOWN

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Fri Oct 28 11:40:22 EDT 2011

Diesels at shut down....
I have always run a high idle on my autocross
cars to keep from killing it accidentally or when
lugging it down in the corners

The Pantera Idle is at 1100 rpm (I now have a
working tach in the car finally)  but it is really
set for sound at idle... love that sprint car type idle

Since the idle is high they do want to Diesel at
shut down... I have learned and it is almost automatic
to shut the motor and kill it finally with the clutch when
I shut the car down... no Diesel

My two cents... Bob Benson