[DeTomaso] REAL Gas versus Crap

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 19:46:23 EDT 2011

Finished off the tank of real 100% gas today.  RANGE was extended approx 18
miles and mileage by 1 mile per gallon.
This was in town driving, no highway.
It was 89 octane which is middle grade at 3.74 per gallon, crap middle grade
was 3.54, 87 is at 3.34 per gallon.
So if I were to use middle grade all the time, the net effect is that the
real gas is .15 cents per tank more expensive. Versus reg 87 octane gas, it
is about 4.00 per tank more expensive.

As far as driving goes, way less hesitation, more torquey feeling at
launch,  more responsive at speed for passing.

So I filled it up again tonight with real gas.

Michael Shortt