[DeTomaso] Speedo Cable Lube

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Tue Oct 25 22:43:11 EDT 2011

So, are there any PCNC members out there with a crapload more speedo grease than
they really need?  Meeting is Thursday nite.

I found many references to a Slipkote product, also sold under Huskey brand
HTL-500, or HUS #73103 in a 14oz tube, from Kaman Industrial Technologies in
many places around the SF Bay area.....

It is a pure synthetic PTFE grease, extreme temp. and supposed to be the bees
knees for speedo/tach cables.

My cable/speedo is clicking and bouncing when cold, already shucked the gears in
a 90 degree adapter when I bought the car, so figured that since the trans and
stuff is out of the car now, it would be a good time to do this job........

Lemmeno!   ...otherwise I'm ordering a tube....  will gladly contribute to  your
grease fund if you already bought some of this goo....

Ciao!
Steve