[DeTomaso] question about installing 180 headers

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Oct 23 20:19:51 EDT 2011

In a message dated 10/23/11 1:50:25 PM, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> So you recommend installing the headers on the engine and then dropping
> the engine in the car?

Maybe- again, it depends on how they were built. If the engine is currently
out, mock them up and see how difficult it will be to do in a far more
restricted space (that is, in the engine bay). If the engine isn't currently
out, it does no harm to try installing them.... just don't be surprised it
there's a particular order the pipes must go on. Especially if one pipe on each
side is separate from the others. I think I also remember having to remove
the right valve cover on one Pantera... but that engine also had Webers which
only made things more difficut.   Where did your set come from? The vendor
should be available to give you some hints.   Good luck- J Deryke