[DeTomaso] NPC - The end of ETA - the Basque terrorist organization

CharlesMcCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 14:44:16 EDT 2011

Zero Pantera content, and I don't know how much this has hit the news
outside of the Basque Country of Spain, where I'ev been living for the past
11 years...

At 7pm local time, ETA, the Basque terrorist/separatist group announced that
they would cease their activities and violence.

More than 50 years, nearly 900 victims, the last one being a French
policeman a year ago.

It's strange living in a place where this sort of violence is even openly
supported in certain towns and districts, but it is. It's not uncommon to
see pro-ETA banners in certain villages, and there are regularly
demonstrations in favor of the "Basque Political Prisoners" (translation -
convicted murderers who are serving time).

But it's good news to those living here...