[DeTomaso] Horn replacement

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Thu Oct 20 00:28:44 EDT 2011

My horns were weak, even intermittent.  I thought it was the horn button on the stalk, or maybe the horns themselves.  Before ditching the stock ones, I looked into the fender well and realized it might be corrosion and a bad ground.  I took them out, wire-brushed the mounting bracket and terminals and coated them with a contact cleaner solution, and now they work every time and are very loud.
Something to try, anyway.
Chris