[DeTomaso] One-owner cars

Tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Wed Oct 19 18:15:30 EDT 2011

Another thing to consider:  Ford may have considered the import/exotic
Pantera a success risk of sorts (rightly so) and did not want to risk
associating it directly with their primary brand:  Ford.  So they may have
steered it to L-M.  You have to remember how foreign "Foreign Cars" were in
America back then.  I remember when my cousin bought an Audi and my
Brother-in-Law a Honda.  The universal question was "a what?"